We are excited to announce that #PlayinPurple will return to football fields across Australia in 2023! This year, the campaign will be held for the first time over 3 weekends in July- 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30!
#PlayinPurple is now in its 9th year and continues to grow across Australia, being embraced by football players from all codes, ages and geographies, all playing passionately in purple socks on one weekend of the local season to raise critical awareness for pancreatic cancer.
Between 2020 and 2022 the campaign has grown across Australia to see a participation level of 25,000 players with the support of state and regional associations, governing bodies, as well as high-profile A-League clubs Perth Glory and Sydney FC, for a truly national footprint.
The #PlayinPurple 2023 campaign will again be supported by Football NSW and A-League Clubs Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers as well as key associations who will be sharing key campaign messages and encouraging participation.
Download an information pack for clubs and associations:
Key information for the 2023 campaign
Key information for the 2023 campaign:
- #PlayinPurple runs on weekends of July 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30. (clubs choose their round to play in purple socks)
- All players, clubs and codes are encouraged to participate Australia-wide, with a simple change of your local club socks to purple socks for one weekend!
- PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research
- Players can choose to wear the 2023 socks and simply make a donation
- We encourage each participating club to create its own fundraisers on the day, or in the lead-up to the participating weekend. This could include bake sales, team challenges or hosting a club raffle.
- A #PlayinPurple participation pack including a social media guide is provided to each club. Campaign hashtags are #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer, and social media handles to tag in posts are @PanKindFoundation (Facebook) or @pankind_apcf (Instagram).
- Clubs and associations are able to make a direct donation to PanKind.
- The online store will open when the campaign is launched in early April.
- Clubs can contact us for support and to order in bulk for your players. Express your interest
via email: email@example.com