Pancreatic cancer statistics
The statistics highlight the problem of pancreatic cancer. We believe they are unacceptable, which is why we have made it our mission to drastically improve survival rates and quality of life for people impacted by pancreatic cancer. Read more about our approach to tackling pancreatic cancer.
- It is predicted pancreatic cancer will become the 3rd biggest cancer killer in Australia in 2021 (1).
- In 2021, it is estimated 3,391 will die from pancreatic cancer in Australia (1).
- In 2021, it is estimated 4,261 people will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (1).
- In 2021, it is estimated pancreatic cancer will be the 8th most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia (1).
- The Australian five-year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is 11.5% (1).
- Only 3 out of 10 people will survive one year after diagnosis with pancreatic cancer (1).
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2021. Cancer data in Australia. Cat. no. CAN 122. Canberra: AIHW. Viewed 24 August 2021, https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/cancer/cancer-data-in-australia