Pancreatic cancer statistics
The statistics highlight the problem of pancreatic cancer. We believe they are unacceptable, which is why we have made it our mission to drastically improve survival rates and quality of life for people impacted by pancreatic cancer. Read more about our approach to tackling pancreatic cancer.
- Pancreatic cancer is the 3rd biggest cancer killer in Australia in 2022 (1).
- In 2022, it is estimated 3,531 people will die from pancreatic cancer in Australia (1).
- In 2022, it is estimated 4,534 people will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer (1).
- In 2022, it is estimated pancreatic cancer will be the 8th most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia (1).
- The Australian five-year survival rate for pancreatic cancer is 12.2% (1).
- Only 3 out of 10 people (35.5%) will survive one year after diagnosis of pancreatic cancer (1).
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2022) Cancer data in Australia, AIHW, Australian Government, accessed 10 October 2022. Retrieved from https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/cancer/cancer-data-in-australia