We are excited to announce that #PlayinPurple will return to AFL fields across Australia in 2023! This year, the campaign will be held for the first time over 3 weekends in July- 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30!
#PlayinPurple is now in its 9th year and continues to grow across Australia, being embraced by footy players from all codes, ages and geographies, all playing passionately in purple socks on one weekend of the local season to raise critical awareness for pancreatic cancer.
In 2022, we began to see more growth in the AFL code, with the campaign supported by state and regional associations, and governing bodies, for a truly national footprint. We are excited to see Aussie Rules fields turn purple again this year for this important cause, and we look forward to seeing plenty more clubs participating in this exciting campaign.
Download an information pack for clubs and associations:
Key information for the 2023 campaign
Key information for the 2023 campaign:
- #PlayinPurple runs on weekends of July 15/16, 22/23 and 29/30. (clubs choose their round to play in purple socks)
- All players, clubs and codes are encouraged to participate Australia-wide, with a simple change of your local club socks to purple socks for one weekend!
- PanKind purple socks are $15 per pair and the funds raised will go directly toward pancreatic cancer research
- Players can choose to wear the 2023 socks and simply make a donation
- We encourage each participating club to create its own fundraisers on the day, or in the lead-up to the participating weekend. This could include bake sales, team challenges or hosting a club raffle.
- A #PlayinPurple participation pack including a social media guide is provided to each club. Campaign hashtags are #playinpurple #pancreaticcancer, and social media handles to tag in posts are @PanKindFoundation (Facebook) or @pankind_apcf (Instagram).
- Clubs and associations are able to make a direct donation to PanKind.
- The online store will open when the campaign is launched in early April.
- Clubs can contact us for support and to order in bulk for your players. Express your interest
via email: email@example.com